SOLD - 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon - North America
Contact InformationContact Frank Wulfers
Ad post date: 4 April 2017
More InformationSOLD SOLD SOLD
Interior: Gray / Black
Asking price: US$ 3,500 - or any reasonable offer
This Saab 9-5 Aero is in very nice shape and has always been maintained with great care. This Aero model has the 2.3T 250hp engine and it still runs very strong. There are a few items that need attention but this car is in very good mechanical shape. No major repairs expected but keep in mind this is still a 12-year old car.
A trailer hitch was added a few years ago and was only used for a bike carrier. There is trailer wiring in the trunk so ready to tow a trailer as well. Aux-in has been added to the factory audio system so you can connect a music player with a 3.5mm audio cable. This Aero has the Harmon Kardon audio system with 8 speakers including a subwoofer.
The standard 5-spoke Aero wheels were replaced with new Saab wheels. They are still completely scratch-free. The body paint is in good shape but there are some stone chips on the hood and lower front grille. There are no dents or other damage and there is no rust at all.
It is common for the rear suspension to sag a bit over time. This 9-5 has been fitted with rear-spring spacers to correct the problem. Spare tire and tool set are in the trunk area. There are 2 keys and owner’s manual.
The interior is clean and is smoke and odor-free. I am single without any children or pets and always take good care of my cars. The driver seat is a bit worn from normal use but there are no tears, rips or excessive wear in the leather. The passenger and rear seats still look like new. Lexol leather conditioner was used a few times a year to keep the leather in good shape.
The standard 9-5 Aero is already loaded with equipment and this one has the following extra packages:
Executive Package: Rain-sensing wipers, rear heated seats, auto-dimming exterior mirrors, xenon headlights with high-pressure washers.
Sport Tech Package: Two-toned leather sport seats
The Sport Tech Package also included a carbon fiber instrument panel but that has been replaced with the regular Aero aluminum-look dash panel.
- Always driven with respect. Used but never abused.
- Currently in great mechanical shape, no big repairs needed
- No leaks, smoke, noises or other signs of mechanical problems
- Full maintenance log available from the last 4 ½ years/80K miles
- Recent replaced parts include alternator, Direct Ignition Cassette, water pump
- Oil changed with recommended synthetic every 6-7000 miles
- ATF changed/flushed at 52K and 100K miles
The not so good:
- Sunroof does not open and it appears to be the electric motor that needs to be replaced/fixed. Could be the switch as well. You can open and close it manually with the emergency crank so the roof slides freely.
- Roof antenna cover is slowly disintegrating
- Rear wiper washer nozzle is missing, still sprays on the rear window but not as good
- Large scratch on the hood (see pictures). It was already there when I bought it and I touched it up with paint.
- Front tires need to be replaced, rear tires are still good but near replacement as well
- Does not lock/unlock with the remote. Central locking works fine using the key in the door lock.
This Saab 9-5 was purchased in Florida in 2012 when it had 41K miles. The Carfax report from 2005 to 2012 is available on request. There have been no accidents since I owned it. I also have a detailed maintenance and repair log available so let me know if you would like to receive a copy by email.
Photo album with current pictures: http://goo.gl/photos/MNnjGsh6EfJGM8Xz9
History and much more information/pictures can be found here: http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=27298
This Ad has been viewed 1427 times.